My consulting and employment portfolio
On 28, Nov 2023 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery GDPR Internal Communications Intranet Portal PR Project Management Research Social Media Team Leadership Video Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Doncasters Ltd
Tenure: 2022 – present
Job Description: Define and execute Doncasters’ transformative global communication strategies, supporting the strategic priorities of this £500M turnover Group.
Skills: Strategic Counsel · Investor Relations · Media Relations · Presentation · Communication · Internal Communications · Event Management · Copywriting · Creative Development · Writing · Editing · Marketing Strategy · Brand Development · Social Media · Team Leadership · Corporate Communications · Strategic Planning · Public Relations · Strategy Development · Change Management · Public Speaking · Strategy · Creative Direction · Management · Brand Management · Press Releases · Leadership · Project Management · Business Strategy · Strategic Communications · Market Planning · Influence At All Levels
- Building and delivering world class internal and external communication strategies supporting the global business strategy.
- Raising the profile of the 245 year old business via external and internal channels.
- Researching and delivering the company history project.
- Writing and delivering corporate films.
- Delivering corporate events and exhibitions.
- Conceptualising, designing and delivering a new global communications platform.
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
Employer: Linney, Create
Tenure: 2018 – 2019
Job Description: Deliver and evaluate superior, effective communication strategies and materials across a range of internal and external UK and global brands including Pizza Express, Costa Coffee and Boots. Direct the development of marketing proposals for all channels to market – print, screen, digital and conventional marketing. Aid sales proposition, demonstrating understanding of commercial and market dilemmas, to help clients overcome them, deliver on their ambitions and bring their brands to market effectively. Evaluate and help shape creative proposals, create opportunities with clients, and explore ways to help grow their business and the agency’s.
Skills: Team Leadership. Strategic thinking and delivery. Brand strategy. Marketing proposals and strategy. Social Media proposals, strategy and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Income generation. Biometrics. Insight. Behavioural analysis. POS.
- By leading a team of behavioural analysts, researchers, creatives, and directors, won a pitch for a trial of digital screens for Costa Coffee UK, delivering the agency a potential 6 figure annual income within 3 years.
- Directed and delivered content for a Pizza Express’ children’s menu. Implementing improved ways of working for the design and project management team resulted in agency design and delivery time reduction of 30%, whilst the client felt the design the best yet.
- Devised and directed core elements of a challenging international digital campaign for Costa Coffee UAE. On budget and on time, the engaging and relevant consumer campaign increased agency income by 40%.
- Devised and delivered winning agency strategy for Boots, retaining the agency’s contract during client’s multi-agency review.
Employer: William Grant & Sons
Tenure: 2009 – 2011 (promoted from First Drinks Brands / William Grant and Sons UK)
Job Description: Manage, develop, and evaluate internal communication processes, co-write and manage global company conferences and deliver a global communications portal, launched with an award-winning campaign.
Skills: Team Leadership. Internal Communications. Strategic thinking and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Employer branding. Culture defining. Event planning and delivery. Editorial. Intranet. Script writing. Project Management.
- Building and delivering a world class internal communication strategy supporting the global business strategy.
- Redesigning and editing the global internal communications magazine.
- Planning and delivering employer recognition awards ceremonies, with attendees from all over the globe.
- Managing the internal communications process and evaluating effectiveness to ensure continuous improvement.
- Supporting the company values development and the externally facing Employer Branding project.
- Devising and delivering a globally streamed live internal employee recognition event.
- Conceptualising, designing and delivering a new, pioneering internal communications portal, launched with an award winning campaign and effective processes for content management and validation.