My consulting and employment portfolio
Client: Kinnear Creative
Brief: Communicate to the world the successes of our first 6 months in business.
Work: Wrote, designed and created 210 seconds of Saul Bass inspired film.
Skills: Branding. Video. Website; WordPress
Employer: William Grant & Sons
Tenure: 2009 – 2011 (promoted from First Drinks Brands / William Grant and Sons UK)
Job Description: Manage, develop, and evaluate internal communication processes, co-write and manage global company conferences and deliver a global communications portal, launched with an award-winning campaign.
Skills: Team Leadership. Internal Communications. Strategic thinking and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Employer branding. Culture defining. Event planning and delivery. Editorial. Intranet. Script writing. Project Management.
- Building and delivering a world class internal communication strategy supporting the global business strategy.
- Redesigning and editing the global internal communications magazine.
- Planning and delivering employer recognition awards ceremonies, with attendees from all over the globe.
- Managing the internal communications process and evaluating effectiveness to ensure continuous improvement.
- Supporting the company values development and the externally facing Employer Branding project.
- Devising and delivering a globally streamed live internal employee recognition event.
- Conceptualising, designing and delivering a new, pioneering internal communications portal, launched with an award winning campaign and effective processes for content management and validation.
Employer: William Grant & Sons
Project: Design and direct a simultaneous global celebration and competition – Design competition mechanism and advertising, direct delivery and distribution of all materials globally, write, direct and produce live streamed prize draw video, featuring the CEO.
Skills: Brand strategy. Employer branding. Copywriting. Script writing. Internal Communications. Live streaming. Video. Project management. Creative direction. Stakeholder management.
Employer: First Drinks Brands (owned by William Grant & Sons)
Tenure: 2007 – 2009
Job Description: Proactive management & development of internal and external PR and Communications initiatives.
- Ensuring effective communication of brand issues & activities to all key stakeholders.
- Directing internal and external communications at senior level.
- Supporting directors and managers with PR requirements including pitching, writing briefs, selecting agencies, PR programme advice, client/agency appraisals, budgets and evaluation.
- Delivering company media training.
- Ensuring efficient and effective synergies with company owners and partners.
- Producing and maintaining an up-to-date central record of key brand and company information.
- Working with directors, pricing & planning management and leadership teams to identify preferred means of company communication cascade.
- Planning and delivering conferences and events.
- Managing & monitoring usage of company website and digital image library.
- Advising on, managing and organising company submissions to trade competitions.
- Providing brand best practice advice.
- Coordination and communication of activities for nominated company charity.
Skills: Team Leadership. Internal Communications. Strategic thinking and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Employer branding. Culture defining. Event planning and delivery. Editorial. Script writing. Project Management. Fundraising. POS. Video.
- Coordinated sponsorship deals for GQ Awards and Glamour Awards for two years. Attended events to ensure branding was optimised and liaised with A list celebrities.
- Modernised the company logo and company materials to create visual connection with new parent company William Grant and Sons – Designed logo, brand guidelines, rebranded website and offices (with an agency), coordinated and delivered a drinks industry press launch. Wrote and produced Corporate DVD.
- Promoted into parent company; William Grant and Sons.
Employer: First Drinks Brands
Project: Modernise look & feel and create visual connection with new parent company William Grant and Sons – Design logo, brand guidelines, rebrand website, rebrand offices, coordinate drinks industry press launch event, write and produce Corporate DVD.
Skills: Brand design. Brand strategy. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator. Copywriting. Script writing. Internal Communications. Project management. Creative direction. Stakeholder management. Video. Website development. Event planning, coordination and delivery. PR. Press release writing.