My consulting and employment portfolio
On 28, Nov 2023 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery GDPR Internal Communications Intranet Portal PR Project Management Research Social Media Team Leadership Video Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Doncasters Ltd
Tenure: 2022 – present
Job Description: Define and execute Doncasters’ transformative global communication strategies, supporting the strategic priorities of this £500M turnover Group.
Skills: Strategic Counsel · Investor Relations · Media Relations · Presentation · Communication · Internal Communications · Event Management · Copywriting · Creative Development · Writing · Editing · Marketing Strategy · Brand Development · Social Media · Team Leadership · Corporate Communications · Strategic Planning · Public Relations · Strategy Development · Change Management · Public Speaking · Strategy · Creative Direction · Management · Brand Management · Press Releases · Leadership · Project Management · Business Strategy · Strategic Communications · Market Planning · Influence At All Levels
- Building and delivering world class internal and external communication strategies supporting the global business strategy.
- Raising the profile of the 245 year old business via external and internal channels.
- Researching and delivering the company history project.
- Writing and delivering corporate films.
- Delivering corporate events and exhibitions.
- Conceptualising, designing and delivering a new global communications platform.
Client: CIC working with UK government, MOD and VIPs
Brief: Project manage, through to delivery, an international awards event, with VVIP guests, including high office, high rank government officials and celebrities.
Work: Coordinated stakeholders, from event and design agencies, to client’s staff and external parties (as well as supporting with copywriting, CRM and web development), to deliver on time and budget an event for over 500 guests.
Skills: Gantt Project Planning. Brief writing. Event coordination (timings, budget, print and online content, venue and MOD / Metropolitan Police security liaison). Speech writing. Talent, VIP and SLT liaison. Relationship building. Internal Communications.
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
Employer: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance
Tenure: 2015 – 2016
Job Description: Promote charity through a range of activities, events and initiatives, to grow brand awareness, engagement, fundraising opportunities and income generation. As an effective networker, develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in both counties to help raise awareness of the charity and its life saving-service.
Skills: Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Internal Communications. Local and National Press and Television liaison. Retail design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Editorial. Crisis Management.
- Raised the profile of the charity with local and national press through improved relations and quality content release, resulting in increases of over 50% for online, social media and print coverage, as well as significant television exposure such as The Paul O’Grady Show, Jeremy Kyles’ The Kyle Files and local BBC News.
- Improved the quality of the charity’s brand strategy and assets by creating brand guidelines and online media library, the coordination of photoshoots, developing the charity website and producing an animated charity video.
- Enhanced Key Stakeholder relations, from Trustee to Volunteers, leveraging the charity’s key messages and appeals
- Worked with an agency to support the delivery of rebranded shops.
- Continued to support with marketing, fundraising and PR charity when I returned to consultancy work.
Client: The Bad Party, Edge Management
Brief: Create a brand for series of Global Parties, design marketing & manage social media.
Work: Created Bad Party logo and associated imagery, ongoing design of posters and flyers for events, designed and continue to manage social media, marketing and event planning.
Skills: Branding. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator. Competitor analysis. Research. Social Media strategy. Event planning. Print. Brand strategy. Marketing strategy.
Client: Talent Management Agency
Brief: Brand business, including logo and stationery, and develop strategy for business expansion, including event planning.
Work: Logo and stationery designed.
Skills: Branding. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator. Competitor analysis. Research. Brand strategy.