My consulting and employment portfolio
On 28, Nov 2023 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery GDPR Internal Communications Intranet Portal PR Project Management Research Social Media Team Leadership Video Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Doncasters Ltd
Tenure: 2022 – present
Job Description: Define and execute Doncasters’ transformative global communication strategies, supporting the strategic priorities of this £500M turnover Group.
Skills: Strategic Counsel · Investor Relations · Media Relations · Presentation · Communication · Internal Communications · Event Management · Copywriting · Creative Development · Writing · Editing · Marketing Strategy · Brand Development · Social Media · Team Leadership · Corporate Communications · Strategic Planning · Public Relations · Strategy Development · Change Management · Public Speaking · Strategy · Creative Direction · Management · Brand Management · Press Releases · Leadership · Project Management · Business Strategy · Strategic Communications · Market Planning · Influence At All Levels
- Building and delivering world class internal and external communication strategies supporting the global business strategy.
- Raising the profile of the 245 year old business via external and internal channels.
- Researching and delivering the company history project.
- Writing and delivering corporate films.
- Delivering corporate events and exhibitions.
- Conceptualising, designing and delivering a new global communications platform.
Client: Myself; Alex Kinnear-Mellor
Brief: Create a new movement to support 100,000+ Military Spouses, Partners and Other-Halves (SPOs) to make change to support our careers.
Work: Design branding, copy and website and begin the process of gaining traction with the UK government and MOD. Ongoing in 2022. SPOVoice.com
Skills: Website WordPress (UI and UX). Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop. Illustrator. SEO. Copywriting. Research. Social Media. GDPR.
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
Brief: Establish the Brand Strategy and support with general communications
Work: Developed the Milspo CIC brand strategy as a response to the CIC’s rapid growth during the 2020 pandemic. All communications were revised to reflect this new strategy, which included the 2022 fundraising / funding strategy . The client stated that: “Alex went above and beyond the brief, and it’s her strategy that we will be using for a many years to come.” milspo.co.uk
Skills: Press release writing, distribution and journalist liaison. Online copywriting. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Fundraising strategy.
Client: Elston Community Pub Ltd
Brief: Help the countryside campaign to save the local pub in any way possible!
Work: Designed company logo, website, share brochure (including copywriting and proofing), application forms, banner and T-Shirts, and gave advice on PR & Marketing opportunities.
Skills: PR. Press release writing and distribution. Marketing strategy. Fundraising strategy. Presenting. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Income generation.
Client: Sibthorpe Community and Historical Society
Brief: Design logo based on ancient Dovecote used as icon for fundraising campaigns.
Work: Designed options and final logo, and contributed to fundraising strategy.
Skills: Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator. Workshop. Relationship building. Fundraising strategy.