My consulting and employment portfolio
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
Brief: Establish the Brand Strategy and support with general communications
Work: Developed the Milspo CIC brand strategy as a response to the CIC’s rapid growth during the 2020 pandemic. All communications were revised to reflect this new strategy, which included the 2022 fundraising / funding strategy . The client stated that: “Alex went above and beyond the brief, and it’s her strategy that we will be using for a many years to come.” milspo.co.uk
Skills: Press release writing, distribution and journalist liaison. Online copywriting. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Fundraising strategy.
Employer: Linney, Create
Tenure: 2018 – 2019
Job Description: Deliver and evaluate superior, effective communication strategies and materials across a range of internal and external UK and global brands including Pizza Express, Costa Coffee and Boots. Direct the development of marketing proposals for all channels to market – print, screen, digital and conventional marketing. Aid sales proposition, demonstrating understanding of commercial and market dilemmas, to help clients overcome them, deliver on their ambitions and bring their brands to market effectively. Evaluate and help shape creative proposals, create opportunities with clients, and explore ways to help grow their business and the agency’s.
Skills: Team Leadership. Strategic thinking and delivery. Brand strategy. Marketing proposals and strategy. Social Media proposals, strategy and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Income generation. Biometrics. Insight. Behavioural analysis. POS.
- By leading a team of behavioural analysts, researchers, creatives, and directors, won a pitch for a trial of digital screens for Costa Coffee UK, delivering the agency a potential 6 figure annual income within 3 years.
- Directed and delivered content for a Pizza Express’ children’s menu. Implementing improved ways of working for the design and project management team resulted in agency design and delivery time reduction of 30%, whilst the client felt the design the best yet.
- Devised and directed core elements of a challenging international digital campaign for Costa Coffee UAE. On budget and on time, the engaging and relevant consumer campaign increased agency income by 40%.
- Devised and delivered winning agency strategy for Boots, retaining the agency’s contract during client’s multi-agency review.
Client: Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Primary School
Brief: Establish the governing and teaching strategy and support with general communications
Work: As a school governor, this pro-bono work involved workshopping with governors, parents, teachers and pupils, to gather the data to support the creation of an established, authentic brand, including values and vision statement, and ultimately a 5 year strategy to retain their Ofsted Outstanding status.
Skills: Brand strategy. Culture defining. Workshop. Internal communications. Income generation. Fundraising. Website content. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator.
Client: Magma Chartered Accountants
Brief: Define the company culture, create Code of Conduct, gain company wide buy-in, design accompanying company stationary, IT and website pages.
Work: Workshopped with Senior Partners to define current and desired vision and values for the expanding business. Created, and designed accompanying iconography, a Code of Conduct (values and ethics) that encapsulates the business, its clients and employees. Designed company stationary, IT support tools and developed website pages. Presented new vision and values company-wide.
Skills: Brand strategy. Workshop. Culture defining. SLT liaison. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, InDesign. Website; WordPress. Project Management. Presenting. Internal Communications.
Client: Luminar Group Ltd
Brief: Design and develop new internal Communications mechanism for National business; with ongoing copywriting and editing.
Work: Working with CEO, Marketing Director and IT department designed and branded new internal communications mechanism; The Connection. Moving on from previous PDF mechanism, this weekly online site, with over 3000 subscribers was co-written and edited by me.
Skills: Internal communications. Branding. Stakeholder management. Intranet, Sharepoint. Copywriting. Culture defining.