My consulting and employment portfolio
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Communications, Marketing & PR Manager > National Equine Charity
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
Awards: The Legacy Futures Innovation Award 2021
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
On 17, Nov 2021 | In Brand Strategy Copywriting Culture Defining Fundraising PR | By alex
Brand Strategy, Marketing, PR > Milspo CIC
Brief: Establish the Brand Strategy and support with general communications
Work: Developed the Milspo CIC brand strategy as a response to the CIC’s rapid growth during the 2020 pandemic. All communications were revised to reflect this new strategy, which included the 2022 fundraising / funding strategy . The client stated that: “Alex went above and beyond the brief, and it’s her strategy that we will be using for a many years to come.” milspo.co.uk
Skills: Press release writing, distribution and journalist liaison. Online copywriting. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Fundraising strategy.
On 07, Aug 2018 | No Comments | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Fundraising PR Website | By alex
Pro Bono: Branding, Marketing, Design, PR > Community Fundraising
Client: Elston Community Pub Ltd
Brief: Help the countryside campaign to save the local pub in any way possible!
Work: Designed company logo, website, share brochure (including copywriting and proofing), application forms, banner and T-Shirts, and gave advice on PR & Marketing opportunities.
Skills: PR. Press release writing and distribution. Marketing strategy. Fundraising strategy. Presenting. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Income generation.
On 14, Jun 2016 | No Comments | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Retail Social Media Website | By alex
PR & Marketing Coordinator > Air Ambulance Service and Trust
Employer: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance
Tenure: 2015 – 2016
Job Description: Promote charity through a range of activities, events and initiatives, to grow brand awareness, engagement, fundraising opportunities and income generation. As an effective networker, develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in both counties to help raise awareness of the charity and its life saving-service.
Skills: Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Internal Communications. Local and National Press and Television liaison. Retail design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Editorial. Crisis Management.
- Raised the profile of the charity with local and national press through improved relations and quality content release, resulting in increases of over 50% for online, social media and print coverage, as well as significant television exposure such as The Paul O’Grady Show, Jeremy Kyles’ The Kyle Files and local BBC News.
- Improved the quality of the charity’s brand strategy and assets by creating brand guidelines and online media library, the coordination of photoshoots, developing the charity website and producing an animated charity video.
- Enhanced Key Stakeholder relations, from Trustee to Volunteers, leveraging the charity’s key messages and appeals
- Worked with an agency to support the delivery of rebranded shops.
- Continued to support with marketing, fundraising and PR charity when I returned to consultancy work.
On 06, Jul 2012 | No Comments | In Copywriting PR Project Management | By alex
PR > Angostura Aromatic Bitters – CLWorldBrands Ltd
Client: Angostura Aromatic Bitters – CLWorldBrands Ltd
Brief: Project Manage, Design and Copywrite Global PR for launch of Limited Edition Diamond Jubilee bottle. Execute UK PR.
Work: Working with Angostura Aromatic Bitters, The Royal Warrant Holders Association and The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST) developed PR angle, concepts and drafted Global PR & Sales manuals and Press Releases. Managed the UK PR: gaining coverage in titles such as Just-Drinks.com, Telegraph.co.uk, The Sunday Telegraph, Harpers Wine & Spirit and Belfast Telegraph.
Skills: PR. Copywriting. Project management. Stakeholder management.
On 23, Apr 2012 | No Comments | In Copywriting Event Delivery PR Project Management | By alex
PR > Appleton Estate Rums – CLWorldBrands Ltd
Client: Appleton Estate Rums – CLWorldBrands Ltd
Brief: Project manage, design and write Global PR for launch of Limited Edition 50 Year Old Independence Reserve Rum.
Work: Working with Global teams in Scotland and Jamaica, developed PR angle and concepts, drafted Global PR & Sales manuals and Press Releases.
Skills: PR. Project management. Event support. Stakeholder management.