My consulting and employment portfolio
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Copywriting Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications Project Management Social Media Website | By alex
Event Delivery > International Awards Event
Client: CIC working with UK government, MOD and VIPs
Brief: Project manage, through to delivery, an international awards event, with VVIP guests, including high office, high rank government officials and celebrities.
Work: Coordinated stakeholders, from event and design agencies, to client’s staff and external parties (as well as supporting with copywriting, CRM and web development), to deliver on time and budget an event for over 500 guests.
Skills: Gantt Project Planning. Brief writing. Event coordination (timings, budget, print and online content, venue and MOD / Metropolitan Police security liaison). Speech writing. Talent, VIP and SLT liaison. Relationship building. Internal Communications.
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Communications, Marketing & PR Manager > National Equine Charity
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
Awards: The Legacy Futures Innovation Award 2021
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
On 08, Jun 2018 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Fundraising Internal Communications Website Workshop | By alex
Pro Bono: Brand Strategy > ‘Outstanding’ Primary School
Client: Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Primary School
Brief: Establish the governing and teaching strategy and support with general communications
Work: As a school governor, this pro-bono work involved workshopping with governors, parents, teachers and pupils, to gather the data to support the creation of an established, authentic brand, including values and vision statement, and ultimately a 5 year strategy to retain their Ofsted Outstanding status.
Skills: Brand strategy. Culture defining. Workshop. Internal communications. Income generation. Fundraising. Website content. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator.
On 25, Oct 2016 | No Comments | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Internal Communications Project Management Website | By alex
Culture Definition, Branding & Website Development> Chartered Accounts
Client: Magma Chartered Accountants
Brief: Define the company culture, create Code of Conduct, gain company wide buy-in, design accompanying company stationary, IT and website pages.
Work: Workshopped with Senior Partners to define current and desired vision and values for the expanding business. Created, and designed accompanying iconography, a Code of Conduct (values and ethics) that encapsulates the business, its clients and employees. Designed company stationary, IT support tools and developed website pages. Presented new vision and values company-wide.
Skills: Brand strategy. Workshop. Culture defining. SLT liaison. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, InDesign. Website; WordPress. Project Management. Presenting. Internal Communications.
On 14, Jun 2016 | No Comments | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Retail Social Media Website | By alex
PR & Marketing Coordinator > Air Ambulance Service and Trust
Employer: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance
Tenure: 2015 – 2016
Job Description: Promote charity through a range of activities, events and initiatives, to grow brand awareness, engagement, fundraising opportunities and income generation. As an effective networker, develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in both counties to help raise awareness of the charity and its life saving-service.
Skills: Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Internal Communications. Local and National Press and Television liaison. Retail design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Editorial. Crisis Management.
- Raised the profile of the charity with local and national press through improved relations and quality content release, resulting in increases of over 50% for online, social media and print coverage, as well as significant television exposure such as The Paul O’Grady Show, Jeremy Kyles’ The Kyle Files and local BBC News.
- Improved the quality of the charity’s brand strategy and assets by creating brand guidelines and online media library, the coordination of photoshoots, developing the charity website and producing an animated charity video.
- Enhanced Key Stakeholder relations, from Trustee to Volunteers, leveraging the charity’s key messages and appeals
- Worked with an agency to support the delivery of rebranded shops.
- Continued to support with marketing, fundraising and PR charity when I returned to consultancy work.
On 01, Mar 2013 | No Comments | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Internal Communications Intranet Portal | By alex
Internal Communications > Entertainment / Nightclubs Industry
Client: Luminar Group Ltd
Brief: Design and develop new internal Communications mechanism for National business; with ongoing copywriting and editing.
Work: Working with CEO, Marketing Director and IT department designed and branded new internal communications mechanism; The Connection. Moving on from previous PDF mechanism, this weekly online site, with over 3000 subscribers was co-written and edited by me.
Skills: Internal communications. Branding. Stakeholder management. Intranet, Sharepoint. Copywriting. Culture defining.