My consulting and employment portfolio
On 18, Feb 2022 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising GDPR Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Retail Social Media Team Leadership Website Workshop | By alex
Employer: Bransby Horses Rescue and Welfare; one of the UK’s largest equine welfare charities.
Tenure: 2019 – 2021
Job Description: Manage a graphic design and marketing team, as well as agencies. Working with the SLT to develop PR and marketing strategies which will deliver on the charity’s strategic targets, including fundraising, income generation, HR, operations and welfare, and leading all of the marketing and PR activities.
Skills: Team Leadership. Rebranding (working with agency) online and on site. Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Retail. Internal Communications. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. New ways of working conceptualisation and realisation. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Local and National Press and Television liaison (BBC). Event stand design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Editorial.
- Significantly increased brand reach and profile on social media by devising improved targeted, consistent content. This generated an average Facebook engagement rate of 4% compared to the UK average of 0.9%, 8.2% YOY Facebook follower increase and 18.6 YOY Instagram increase.
- Rebranded and overhauled content for the charity website, increasing page per sessions to 5.5 average and 10% reduction in bounce rates.
- Designed and delivered a legacy campaign that won The Legacy Futures Innovation Award, beating shortlist of Alzheimers Society, St Johns Ambulance and Royal Museum’s Greenwich.
- Redesigned and delivered the nationwide charity magazine whilst reworking improved methods for content collaboration, generating increased donations of 53% and sales of 330%.
Employer: Linney, Create
Tenure: 2018 – 2019
Job Description: Deliver and evaluate superior, effective communication strategies and materials across a range of internal and external UK and global brands including Pizza Express, Costa Coffee and Boots. Direct the development of marketing proposals for all channels to market – print, screen, digital and conventional marketing. Aid sales proposition, demonstrating understanding of commercial and market dilemmas, to help clients overcome them, deliver on their ambitions and bring their brands to market effectively. Evaluate and help shape creative proposals, create opportunities with clients, and explore ways to help grow their business and the agency’s.
Skills: Team Leadership. Strategic thinking and delivery. Brand strategy. Marketing proposals and strategy. Social Media proposals, strategy and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Income generation. Biometrics. Insight. Behavioural analysis. POS.
- By leading a team of behavioural analysts, researchers, creatives, and directors, won a pitch for a trial of digital screens for Costa Coffee UK, delivering the agency a potential 6 figure annual income within 3 years.
- Directed and delivered content for a Pizza Express’ children’s menu. Implementing improved ways of working for the design and project management team resulted in agency design and delivery time reduction of 30%, whilst the client felt the design the best yet.
- Devised and directed core elements of a challenging international digital campaign for Costa Coffee UAE. On budget and on time, the engaging and relevant consumer campaign increased agency income by 40%.
- Devised and delivered winning agency strategy for Boots, retaining the agency’s contract during client’s multi-agency review.
Client: World Renowned Mixologist, Douglas Ankrah
Brief: Brand a fun, sexy new alcoholic drink to be launched Worldwide – including designing a pin-up girl for the 21st Century.
Work: Designed logo, iconography (including pin-up girl) and bottle design. Created brand guidelines (including advising client on brand direction), business cards, shipping boxes and presentations.
Skills: Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator. Retail. Research. Project management. Branding. Copywriting.
Employer: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance
Tenure: 2015 – 2016
Job Description: Promote charity through a range of activities, events and initiatives, to grow brand awareness, engagement, fundraising opportunities and income generation. As an effective networker, develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in both counties to help raise awareness of the charity and its life saving-service.
Skills: Brand strategy, including audience profiling, segmentation and targeting. Marketing strategy. Social Media strategy, management and delivery. Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop. Web design; WordPress. Copywriting. Press Release writing and distribution. Internal Communications. Local and National Press and Television liaison. Retail design. Event coordination. GDPR. CRM. Fundraising and income generation initiatives. Editorial. Crisis Management.
- Raised the profile of the charity with local and national press through improved relations and quality content release, resulting in increases of over 50% for online, social media and print coverage, as well as significant television exposure such as The Paul O’Grady Show, Jeremy Kyles’ The Kyle Files and local BBC News.
- Improved the quality of the charity’s brand strategy and assets by creating brand guidelines and online media library, the coordination of photoshoots, developing the charity website and producing an animated charity video.
- Enhanced Key Stakeholder relations, from Trustee to Volunteers, leveraging the charity’s key messages and appeals
- Worked with an agency to support the delivery of rebranded shops.
- Continued to support with marketing, fundraising and PR charity when I returned to consultancy work.