My consulting and employment portfolio
On 01, Jul 2011 | In Brand Strategy Branding Copywriting Culture Defining Event Delivery Fundraising Internal Communications PR Project Management Publication Research Video Website | By alex
UK PR & Communications Manager > FMCG
Employer: First Drinks Brands (owned by William Grant & Sons)
Tenure: 2007 – 2009
Job Description: Proactive management & development of internal and external PR and Communications initiatives.
- Ensuring effective communication of brand issues & activities to all key stakeholders.
- Directing internal and external communications at senior level.
- Supporting directors and managers with PR requirements including pitching, writing briefs, selecting agencies, PR programme advice, client/agency appraisals, budgets and evaluation.
- Delivering company media training.
- Ensuring efficient and effective synergies with company owners and partners.
- Producing and maintaining an up-to-date central record of key brand and company information.
- Working with directors, pricing & planning management and leadership teams to identify preferred means of company communication cascade.
- Planning and delivering conferences and events.
- Managing & monitoring usage of company website and digital image library.
- Advising on, managing and organising company submissions to trade competitions.
- Providing brand best practice advice.
- Coordination and communication of activities for nominated company charity.
Skills: Team Leadership. Internal Communications. Strategic thinking and delivery. Market research. Competitor analysis. Presenting. Employer branding. Culture defining. Event planning and delivery. Editorial. Script writing. Project Management. Fundraising. POS. Video.
- Coordinated sponsorship deals for GQ Awards and Glamour Awards for two years. Attended events to ensure branding was optimised and liaised with A list celebrities.
- Modernised the company logo and company materials to create visual connection with new parent company William Grant and Sons – Designed logo, brand guidelines, rebranded website and offices (with an agency), coordinated and delivered a drinks industry press launch. Wrote and produced Corporate DVD.
- Promoted into parent company; William Grant and Sons.